I am originally from Houston Texas, but have lived in New Mexico since 1999. I have represented injured workers against insurance companies since I graduated Law School in 2009. Prior to attending law school at UNM, I graduated from UNM – Anderson School of Management with a dual degree in marketing and operations management. Upon receiving my law degree I immediately began representing injured workers and have done so continuously for a decade.
My passion for representing injured people against insurance companies began when at the age of 21, I was involved in a near fatal accident and suffered catastrophic injuries including collapsed lungs, a lacerated aorta, spinal fractures, and other extensive internal damage. Having fought with insurance companies to cover massive medical bills, I know the frustrations that come with such a life changing event: the helplessness over not being able to work; the uncertainty of not knowing where your next check is coming from; or how you are going to make ends meet, and the pain that you are living with. I have personally experienced it and understand what injured workers go through.
I have been selected to Super Lawyers – Rising Stars list for 4 years running and dedicate myself to my clients. When I am not representing injured workers, I enjoy time with my wife of 13 years, our three children, and our 4 dogs.
Areas Of Practice
- Workers' Compensation - Plaintiff 90%
- Personal Injury 10%
- New Mexico, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- J.D. - 2009
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- B.A. - 2006
- Major: Marketing and Operations Management
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers - Southwest Rising Star
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers, 2017 to Present
- Albuquerque Bar Association, 2017 to Present